SIGMM Award for Outstanding Technical Contributions to Multimedia Computing, Communications and Applications <Call for Nominations>
- Presented annually to a researcher who has made significant and lasting contributions to multimedia computing, communication and applications. The award includes a $2000 honorarium, and the recipient is invited to present a keynote talk at the ACM International Conference on Multimedia.
- Submission Deadline: May 31, 2015
- More Info: http://www.sigmm.org/Awards/award_taa
SIGMM Award for Outstanding PhD Thesis in Multimedia Computing, Communications and Applications
- This award will be presented every year to a researcher whose PhD thesis has made contributions and has the potential of very high impact in multimedia computing, communication and applications. The goal will be to evaluate contributions towards advances in multimedia including multimedia processing, multimedia systems, multimedia network services, multimedia applications and interfaces. The award will recognize members of the SIGMM community and their research contributions in their PhD theses as well as the potential of impact of their PhD theses in multimedia area.
- The selection committee will focus on candidates’ contributions as judged by innovative ideas and potential impact resulting from their PhD work. The award includes a $500 honorarium, an award certificate of recognition, and an invitation for the recipient to receive the award at a current year's SIGMM-sponsored conference, the ACM International Conference on Multimedia (ACM Multimedia). A public citation for the award will be placed on the SIGMM website, in the SIGMM Records e-newletter as well as in the ACM e-newsletter.
- Submission Deadline: May 31, 2015
- More Info: http://www.sigmm.org/Awards/thesisaward
SIGMM Rising Star Award
- Starting 2015, ACM SIGMM will present a "Rising Star" Award annualy, recognizing a young researcher - an individual either no older than 35 or within 7 years of PhD - who has made outstanding research contributions to the field of multimedia computing, communication and applications during this early part of his or her career. Depth, impact, and novelty of the researcher's contributions will be key criteria upon which the Rising Star award committee will evaluate the nominees. Also of particular interest are strong research contributions made independently from the nominee's PhD advisor.
- The award includes a $1000 honorarium, an award certificate of recognition, and an invitation for the recipient to present a keynote talk at a current year's SIGMM-sponsored conference, the ACM International Conference on Multimedia (ACM Multimedia). Travel expenses to the conference will be covered by SIGMM, and a public citation for the award will be placed on the SIGMM website.
- Submission Deadline: June 15, 2015
- More Info: http://www.sigmm.org/Awards/risingstaraward
ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing, Communications and Applications Nicolas D. Georganas Best Paper Award
- The award is given annually to the author(s) of an outstanding paper published in ACM TOMCCAP within the previous legal year from January 1 until December 31. The award carries a plaque as well as travel funds to the ACM MM conference where the awardee(s) will be honored.
- Nominations will be reviewed by the Selection Committee and the winning paper will finally be voted by the TOMCCAP Editorial Board.
- Only papers published in 2012 (Volume 8), regular issues (no Special Issues) can be nominated.
- Submission Deadline: June 15, 2014
- More Info: http://www.sigmm.org/Award/award_tomccap_2014
Nomination process: http://awards.acm.org/html/award_nominations.cfm Please note that the deadline for submission of nominations for 2013 is November 30, 2013 for all awards, unless otherwise indicated. Please refer to the "ACM website":http://awards.acm.org/ for the latest information.
- A. M. Turing Award
- ACM - Infosys Foundation Award in the Computing Sciences
- Distinguished Service Award
- Doctoral Dissertation Award
- Eckert-Mauchly Award
- Gordon Bell Prize
- Grace Murray Hopper Award
- Paris Kanellakis Theory and Practice Award
- Karl V. Karlstrom Outstanding Educator Award
- ACM - IEEE CS Ken Kennedy Award
- Eugene L. Lawler Award
- Outstanding Contribution to ACM Award
- Allen Newell Award
- ACM Presidential Award
- SIAM/ACM Prize in Computational Science and Engineering
- Software System Award
- ACM Programming Systems and Languages Paper Award
- ACM-W Athena Lecturer Award